Invisalign has changed to discreet orthodontic treatment and at Angle House Orthodontics, we’re a leading supplier of this treatment option in Melbourne.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment method which doesn’t use braces to straighten teeth. Instead of having brackets and archwires fitted, Invisalign straightens teeth using a series of aligners which look like thin sports mouthguards. These aligners are made from clear, plastic material, hence why Invisalign is referred to as the invisible orthodontic treatment option.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign’s aligners are custom made to your teeth according to the specifications designed by your orthodontist. Over the course of your treatment, you will receive a series of removable aligners, each must be worn for two weeks. At the end of two weeks, simply remove the aligner and replace it with the next one in the series. Each aligner is a little different than the previous one, which encourages your teeth to move little bit by little bit until the final desired position is achieved.
The aligners are removable, so you can take them out for eating, brushing and flossing, but it is recommended you wear them for 22 hours per day for optimum results.
Types of Invisalign
There are four versions of Invisalign. All use the same clear plastic aligners to straighten teeth:
- Invisalign Comprehensive: This is for full orthodontic cases which take between 12 and 24 months to correct.
- Invisalign Lite: This is for patients who only need minor adjustment to the front six teeth. Results can be achieved in six months.
- Invisalign Express: Another of Invisalign’s fast treatment options, Invisalign Express is suitable for fixing issues affecting the front six teeth, with results seen in as little as three months.
- Invisalign First: There’s even a version of Invisalign treatment for children who require preparatory work of the teeth and jaws prior to orthodontic treatment.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligners are instantly removable, which makes eating, brushing, and flossing easier. This is a real bonus for Invisalign for teen patients as the aligners can be removed when playing sport and musical instruments.
- Aligners can be taken out for special occasions, such as a professional presentation or a formal event.
- Aligners are customised to your teeth so treatment is specific for your orthodontic needs.
- In general, treatment time is shorter than with conventional braces.
- The aligners are virtually invisible so no-one will know you’re having treatment.
Invisalign aligners are a registered medical device, you should always read and follow the label and the instructions of your treating orthodontist.
Find out more about Invisalign
Book your free consultation at Angle House Orthodontics today to find out if Invisalign is right for you.